Re: [Evolution] Checking for new mail ...

Yes, without any real success.

What usually works best (for some new definition of best) is "encouraging it to try again" by pressing send receive.

After say 10 goes over a 1-2h period it will usually succeed, provided the link is _really_ reliable (hotel wifi doesn't usually work, nor my 3G usb stick).

When I'm on the road, i sometimes find that I can't sync at all until I get home (my android phone running TouchDown does not exhibit this issue, and it's connecting to the same mail server and reading the same mail).

...and today it just got to be all to much, hence my email.

On 2 March 2011 01:13, Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> wrote:
On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 23:55 +1100, Bart Steanes wrote:
> After a network dropout (while using evolution on the train for example)  re
> syncing seems to fail much.
>
> For example I have not successfully sync'd in the last 12hours although I've
> tried several times including for the last hour using the office ADSL
> connection (which has 99.99% uptime, and 100% during the test period).
>
> What usually happens is that evolution gets to some random low % complete
> (eg 31% currently, progressing at around 3% per minute), then stops, and
> acts like it's finished without actually finding any new email.

Hve you tried restarting Evo? That usually seems to fix this sort of
thing.

poc