[Evolution] Checking for new mail ...

After a network dropout (while using evolution on the train for example)  re syncing seems to fail much.

For example I have not successfully sync'd in the last 12hours although I've tried several times including for the last hour using the office ADSL connection (which has 99.99% uptime, and 100% during the test period).

What usually happens is that evolution gets to some random low % complete (eg 31% currently, progressing at around 3% per minute), then stops, and acts like it's finished without actually finding any new email.

What am I doing wrong?

--
ta
Bart