Re: [Evolution] Error while Scanning folders in "Exchange server red001.mail.microsoftonline.com"

I haven't been able to make it work.
Copying from the account editor:
Identity
Name: Michael Hennebry ndsu edu
Full Name: MJH
Email Address: Michael Hennebry ndsu edu
Receiving Email
Server Type: Exchange Web Services
Username: Michael.Hennebry

As I said a few hours ago - the "Username" needs to be the email address
that delivers mail directly to the exchange server - it must not be an
alias (like your @ndsu.edu address is).  When you click on "Fetch URL"
it should populate both the Host URL an OAB URL fields with the correct
values.  If it doesn't, then your username or password is wrong.

Debugging with GUIs does bad things to my brain.
I have trouble remembering what I've done before,
so I do a lot of wheel-spinning.
Sometimes it leaves ruts.

There is Email address under Identity and
Username under Receiving Email.
Are these supposed to be the same?

The identity is just a label used by Evo and along with things like Full
name: and Email address: are not used when connecting to the server and
downloading email.

Looking at various instructions for setting up mail I suspect that the
correct thing to use in your case are the following

Username:  Michael Hennebry ndsu edu
Host Url: https://red001.mail.microsoftonline.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx

If you then click on "Fetch Url" it should ask for your password and
then populate the OAB Url: box.  If it does, then it should all work.

I have noticed that occasionally during this setup process it can loose
the username setting - so if you still can't download email, go back in
to the configuration and check that the username is still there, if not,
put it in again and retry.

However, do you know if microsoftonline.com supports EWS?  Can you
connect to it using Outlook on Windows?  Or do you have to always use
the OWA client?

Outlook is the recommended client.

Yes, but looking at microsoftonline it doesn't actually use normal
methods of configuring Outlook (you need to install a separate client to
do the authentication for you).

P.