Re: [Evolution] Handling huge Exchange mailboxes

On tor, 2011-06-16 at 16:41 +0200, Bakay Árpád wrote:
Evolution does crash sometimes for me (I am planning to go after those), but maybe
even more annoying is that about 50-70% of the time it is almost completely blocked by tasks like
"Refreshing Folder ...an exchange folder... and a slow-moving precentage counter" "Getting Summary
information..." etc.

It appears that every 10 minutes (or even more frequently), Evolution scans the whole inbox for new
messages.

My questions:
1. Is it not possible to be more efficient, e.g. refresh only the latest N minutes of messages through the
Exchange connector?
2. Can I perhaps expect better performance from the new ews connector which just being developed?
3. It appears that my emails are also downloaded by evolution, still I cannot open my exchange messages (no
matter if I am in offline or online mode in Evolution). What is the reason for that?

I have pretty much the same experience as you using both IMAP to
Exchange 2007 and IMAPX to Gmail. I only have 2.32.2 though (included in
Ubuntu 11.04).

Scanning, syncing, storing etc etc. seems to be infinite tasks
sometimes..

I have also experienced a lot of times that messages aren't available
offline even though I have "Copy folder contents locally for offline
operation" selected.

Rgds//TN