[Evolution] Handling huge Exchange mailboxes

Dear List,

I am using Evolution 3.0.1 to access an Exchange mailbox with 14000 messages in the inbox alone.

Maybe it is a bad practice I should change, but an excellent testcase for evolution anyway.

Evolution does crash sometimes for me (I am planning to go after those), but maybe
even more annoying is that about 50-70% of the time it is almost completely blocked by tasks like
"Refreshing Folder ...an exchange folder... and a slow-moving precentage counter" "Getting Summary
information..." etc.

It appears that every 10 minutes (or even more frequently), Evolution scans the whole inbox for new messages.

My questions:
1. Is it not possible to be more efficient, e.g. refresh only the latest N minutes of messages through the
Exchange connector?
2. Can I perhaps expect better performance from the new ews connector which just being developed?
3. It appears that my emails are also downloaded by evolution, still I cannot open my exchange messages (no
matter if I am in offline or online mode in Evolution). What is the reason for that?

Regards: Ã