Re: [Evolution] restore evolution mail

Ubuntu and a few other distros are gateway's into a very unfamiliar
world for most people.  Most people are not used to free-markets or
democracies especially in desktop computing.  Biologists might have
some understanding of separate entities working together but then they
probably don't have any good reason to try alternatives to MS.

Most biologists use Macs...

The lame, pathetic attitude i have seen in this thread is exactly the
sort of thing that helps kill-off projects like Evolution.

It gets distinctly tedious when you read, for the Nth time in a day,
messages like "I'm running Farty Ferret and my email doesn't work, can
you fix it".

 Try being welcoming and then people might take an interest in your
project

"Your project"?  Nothing to do with us.  We're just community minded
citizens giving back some of things we've found out.

 and perhaps learn a bit about it.

It's not normal that they want to learn.

If anyone reads this list for more than a couple of days they will see
lots of people asking posters for their Evolution version number - but
amazingly they seem to think that it's not important when they post a
question.

We are normally extremely polite on this mailing list - certainly a lot
more so than on some (you should see the CentOS list!).  But it can come
to a point where one of us cracks.  It happened to be Patrick this time,
but I've come close to ranting about in the past.

We do not want in any way to alienate a section of the Linux community,
but it's a two way thing - they are pissing us off at the moment.

P.