[Evolution] Restoring from a backup

HELP! I need to restore Evolution Mail. I have installed Ubuntu 11.04 and it
failed to work correctly on my laptop. I was forced to reinstall Ubuntu
10.04 LTS. The version I am using in Ubuntu LTS is Evolution 2.28.3. I have
no idea what the version number of the Evolution Mail in Ubuntu 11.04.
Anyway I need to restore my backup. I have searched and searched for
information on how to do it and come up with nothing. I have restored
Evolution Mail many times when upgrading or transferring my mail to another
computer. Now I am on the road and without access to my other computers.
Does anyone know how I can use evolution-backup.tar.gz to restore my backup.
Oh each time I try I get an error saying the wrong file type. Opening the
tar I can see that it is a good file. Can anyone help me?!?!?