Re: [Evolution] Various strange actions by Evolution

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 7:00 AM,  <evolution-list-request gnome org> wrote:
That's interesting. Hard to see how all of those problems could be display
issues

It's nothing to do with the display as such - Evolution is a Gnome
application and follows the Gnome release schedules and numbering.
Hence Evo 3.0 was released with Gnome 3.0. ÂThere were many changes
going from Gnome 2 to Gnome 3 and it is unlikely that you will be able
to successfully install a 2.32 Evo RPM on a F15 system - you may be able
to compile it your self, but it will require all the related Gnome 2
stuff to be compiled/installed as well.

Âbut I have a box running Fedora13 with Gnome2. I'll give it a go.

Evo 2.32.2 is on Fedore 14, so you would have better luck with that.
Possibly your best bet is to download the F14 live CD and try it from
there.

Another option might be 'BlueBubble', which you can read about on
Fedora Planet. One of the fedora dev's has built *most* gnome 2
packages for Fedora 15 and made them co-installable alongside their
gnome 3 counter-parts. This is a limited time offer; he's only going
to maintain it until his remaining issues with gnome 3 get worked out.
Last I read that meant he'd probably support it for F16 and not
beyond.

Best,
AM