[Evolution] Is there a simple way to backup using a command line command?

I have a couple of shell scripts which I run to backup my files.   Right
now I do something rather complicated to backup evolution.

Can I just use the evolution command in these scripts to do the backup
directly?  Where do I find out about this.  evolution doesn't have
a man page and
evolution -h
didn't help much.
--
Leonard Evens len math northwestern edu
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University