Re: [Evolution] Is there a simple way to backup using a command line command?

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 11:12 -0600, Leonard Evens wrote:
I have a couple of shell scripts which I run to backup my files.   Right
now I do something rather complicated to backup evolution.

Can I just use the evolution command in these scripts to do the backup
directly?  Where do I find out about this.  evolution doesn't have
a man page and
evolution -h
didn't help much.

        Hi,
backup is not done by evolution executable itself, but by
$PREFIX/libexec/evolution/$VERSION/evolution-backup
executable [1]. The File->Backup settings is using this executable with
couple parameters set. It doesn't support incremental backups like that
suggested by Thomas, but you do not need to take care of the folder
hierarchy, because the evolution-backup does it for you.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] for Fedora 14 it is PREFIX=/usr and $VERSION=2.32 , so the full path
looks like:
   /usr/libexec/evolution/2.32/evolution-backup