[Evolution] Message background formatting

I appreciate the simplicity of Evolution's options (and I hope that, like Apple Mail, Evolution becomes even more simple-yet-powerful).

Like fonts, for example.  I like the way Evolution handles fonts.

However, unless I'm missing something, I can't find anything about background colours and patterns.  If somebody sends me an email with, say a black background and I reply to it, my message also appears on the black background.  Patterns are the same.

This is a bit annoying, especially if the font colours are funky.

Is there a way to overrule / remove the recipient's background colour / pattern when I reply?