Re: [Evolution] login password

On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 14:08 -0600, Albert Wagner wrote:
On 01/17/2011 11:32 AM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 11:01 -0600, Albert Wagner wrote:
And I don't think you need to be particularly "experienced" with them to
let a program use keyrings - it's just an encrypted store of passwords.
My login password allows anyone with access to it, including evolution
developers, to perform actions requiring root permissions.
Er, what?? How do evolution developers have access to your password via
use of the keyring?  They don't, can't, and I suspect you don't
understand are keyrings work.
Absolutely right.  But I understand popups.
A popup message claims that evolution cannot access the keyring without
the password used for logging in.  I automatically log in without
entering my password.

Running in circles, and you don't answer the question you were asked.

Even if they did have your username and password, which they don't, how
would that allow "root" permissions?  Unless you are logging in as root,
which you shouldn't.
Not logged in as root.  But occasionally I use su and sudo.  Are those
not available on your distribution?

Unrelated and no idea why you mention them here.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper