[Evolution] Search folders are very buggy

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I've tried everything.  I use
IMAP+, so I don't have any local mail.  I have set up a few search
folders, mostly to mimic the labels ("Later", "To Do", etc).  It gives
me an easy way to check my labelled mail.

Well, some of the folders absolutely refuse to remove some messages, no
matter how many times I right-click on the email and select "none" (for
labels).

Another folder simply goes blank when I edit or add more conditions.

Are search folders, with labels, unstable?