Re: [Evolution] Building evolution plugins separately (WAS: filter && forwarding incoming mail)

Am Donnerstag, den 13.01.2011, 10:01 +0800 schrieb Ng Oon-Ee:
On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 14:17 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 13:30 -0500, Reid Thompson wrote:
do you have build capability -- the plugin itself is not very big

I've built Evo in the past, though doing it in Fedora is much less
automated than for Ubuntu (thanks to Paul's Makefile). However I prefer
to use only yum repos to keep my system up to date where possible, and
this plugin is not a showstopper for me. I only mentioned it because
Matthias brought it up.

poc

On a related note: Previously I asked about the external-editor plugin and was simply told it was part of
'experimental plugins', which google revealed simply to be a Debian/Ubuntu package. Prompted by this
conversation, I continued searching I found out that all these experimental plugins are simply part of the
evolution source itself.

I'm currently typing in vim using external editor (Evo 2.32.1), having modified my distro's evolution
package to compile that as well.

So a quick question, would it be possible to compile the experimental plugins without having to ./configure
-> make evolution itself? This would allow me to package them separately instead of having to package an
entire evolution-with-plugins package which basically duplicates my distro's package.

Just go to the ../obj/evolution/plugins/external-editor directory and do
make install. The configure step needs to be done from on top as far as
I know. Then you can package the installed plugin in
<install_base>/lib/evolution/2.28/plugins - as far as I know.

--
thomas