Re: [Evolution] using evolution with tor

Is it possible to use evolution with tor? I'm using polipo as a http
proxy. I then used the manually proxy config to point evolution
towards the proxy. The problem is that my true IP is still logged by
google. Since im using gmail I can check the account activity and see
the IP addresses that have been accessing my account. I know that tor
and polipo are working correctly with my web browser. What im I
missing? is there something I dont understand?

All those things you are talking about are web proxies, not POP/IMAP
proxies.  There are details on the TOR wiki on how to configure a POP
proxy for gmail.

P.