[Evolution] using evolution with tor

Hello,
Is it possible to use evolution with tor? I'm using polipo as a http proxy. I then used the manually proxy config to point evolution towards the proxy. The problem is that my true IP is still logged by google. Since im using gmail I can check the account activity and see the IP addresses that have been accessing my account. I know that tor and polipo are working correctly with my web browser. What im I missing? is there something I dont understand?

Thanks
-martin