Re: [Evolution] Evolution's mega bandwidth hogging

On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 11:35 +0200, Jeremy Nell wrote:
However, my bandwidth usage shot up to between one and two gigs per
day, and I had no idea what was causing it.

Today, around 16 gigs later (after 10 days), it seems that Evolution
is the cause.  I've done everything possible to find what's causing my
traffic spike, and everything points to Evo.

My question is: how do you optimise Evo to use bandwidth efficiently?

Currently, it's connected to Gmail via IMAP+.  I only have Evo
checking for new messages in subscribed folders (which is a handful).
It checks for new mail every minute (like it did in Outlook).

Advice / thoughts...

Out of interest, do you still have any of your search folders configured
with "Sender or recipients" criteria as per your earlier message "Search
folder dies with this condition"?

As per the bug report that I indicated in my response to that message,
it is my suspicion that using "Sender or recipients" causes a large
amount of activity to the (IMAP) server - perhaps even retrieving the
contents of all messages (but never verified).

If this is the case then you might try removing that condition from your
search folders and see if that results in reduced "bandwidth".

Wayne