Re: [Evolution] Search Folders on IMAP+

On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 20:29 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 13:29 -0500, Philippe LeCavalier wrote:
> Yes. I noticed that so at least it's not hard to recover. Forcing a
> reset could be dangerous considering Evo could be intimately connected
> to other sockets during which time it's hanging on others...In my case
> it's not inconsistant at all. I can count on it hanging at 0%. I think
> Adam's suggestion of turning some additional logging on is likely the
> only way to "see" more info.
>
> Thanks again. I'll reply if I find anything.

	Hi,
what about trying to see what is evolution doing that the process got
stuck at 0%? Please install debug info packages for
evolution-data-server and evolution. Then enter your search folder (the
best when the initial update of folders after start will be done), and
then run this command on a console:
   $ gdb --batch --ex "t a a bt" -pid=PID &>/tmp/bt.txt
where PID is a process ID of a running evolution (you can get it by, for
example, ps -A | grep evo).

Then get the /tmp/bt.txt file, check if it doesn't contain any private
data, like passwords, usernames, server addresses you do not want to
share with others, and then post it here, though dealing with this
through https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Evolution would
be better, to not bother other users/readers of this list.

You can also try to get backtrace after some time, say a minute or five,
to see whether anything changes. Please check your CPU usage, which may
indicate some processing and make sure you'll write exact versions of
evolution-data-server and evolution you are using.
	Thanks and bye,
	Milan
Those are certainly the best technical approches :) Just out of curiosity I tried removing the "is not" conditions(2) and the search completed in no time and has all the relevant mail in it. So there appears to be something with that condition...
Maybe the above would help flush that out...I always try the lists before posting bugs just to avoid user issue clogging the system. If this does turn out to be a bug I will certainly report it. Besides I don't think anyone here minds? Is this in part what this list is for? If not then my understanding of mailing lists is very inaccurate.

Phil