Re: [Evolution] Syncing Evolution to my malboxes ...

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 19:21 +0200, Jeremy Nell wrote:
I'm definitely using IMAP.  I'd just like to neaten up my interface,
really.  Have all my mail in one place (and then collapse the Gmail
tab).  Currently, I have around 60 Gmail labels, which end up as a lot
of folders under my Gmail tab; if I could collapse that tab and have all
my mail sitting in my "On This Computer" tab, then I'd be happy.  Plus,
I'd also be able to view my search folders (which are, currently,
underneath the onslaught of Gmail labels (folders), and require a lot of
scrolling.

How do I copy the mail from my Gmail inbox to my main inbox?  Which
filters?  (I've had a look and can't figure it out.)

-----Original Message-----
From: evolution-list-request gnome org
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: evolution-list Digest, Vol 66, Issue 7
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 16:24:59 +0000

POP accounts leave their mail under "On This Computer". IMAP accounts
have separate trees. If you want to use IMAP, that's what you're going
to get by default. Of course you could set up filters to move everything
into "On This Computer", or (perhaps easier) use a search folder that
covers the accounts you want.

Some "meta-comments" regarding your reply:

1) Please do not top-post on mailing lists.
2) Please post only in plain text, not in "text+redundant HTML".
3) Please use correct threading when replying. This current thread is
now all over the place because you're doing this wrong.
4) Please include attributions when quoting another message.
5) Please do not reply to digests. You can reply to an individual
message within a digest, which is not the same thing. If you do this in
Evo, then IIRC points 3 and 4 will be taken care of automatically.

Going back to your original question: you say that when you created the
Gmail account in Evo, it appeared under "On This Computer". AFAIK the
only way that could happen is if you moved the Gmail tree into "On This
Computer" after it was created. If that's not the case, it sounds like a
bug and you should report it to Bugzilla.

poc