Re: [Evolution] Attaching images (with no preview)

On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 14:29 +0000, Joao Ferreira gmail wrote:
On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 14:07 +0200, Jeremy Nell wrote:
I'm a newbie.  I recently converted to Ubuntu and am a creative more
than a techie, so please be gentle on me. :-)

Welcome to Evolution... :)

Here's the problem:

When composing a mail in Evolution, I click on on "add attachment" at
the bottom of the window.  I then navigate to, say, my pictures
folder.  I am presented with a list of file names and no preview
window.  Unless I have memorised the file name of the image, how will
I know what the image is, if there is no preview window?  Only after
I've attached the image, do I see the thumbnail in the attachment bar.

Yes. That is the behaviour... the file selection window does not have a
preview option... you need to open some file browsing utility and take a
peak while attaching...

I then go to my pictures folder via Ubuntu's main menu, so that I can
see the images clearly, but this seems a bit clumsy.

Am I doing something wrong?  Or is there no preview window when
attaching files?

Nothing wrong. That's just the way it is. (afaik) !

However, note that you can drag and drop files from a file browser
(Nautilus, Dolphin etc.) into the attachment area, which achieves much
the same result. In fact you can drop them into the compose window
directly, without even opening the attachment area.

poc