Re: [Evolution] Attaching images (with no preview)

On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 14:07 +0200, Jeremy Nell wrote:
I'm a newbie.  I recently converted to Ubuntu and am a creative more
than a techie, so please be gentle on me. :-)

Welcome to Evolution... :)

Here's the problem:

When composing a mail in Evolution, I click on on "add attachment" at
the bottom of the window.  I then navigate to, say, my pictures
folder.  I am presented with a list of file names and no preview
window.  Unless I have memorised the file name of the image, how will
I know what the image is, if there is no preview window?  Only after
I've attached the image, do I see the thumbnail in the attachment bar.

Yes. That is the behaviour... the file selection window does not have a
preview option... you need to open some file browsing utility and take a
peak while attaching...

I then go to my pictures folder via Ubuntu's main menu, so that I can
see the images clearly, but this seems a bit clumsy.

Am I doing something wrong?  Or is there no preview window when
attaching files?

Nothing wrong. That's just the way it is. (afaik) !