Re: [Evolution] Searching emails?

Am Mittwoch, den 23.02.2011, 15:49 +0100 schrieb Thomas Novin:
Hello

I constantly have a need for searching through my emails. For my Gmail
account I usually go to Gmail Webmail which has a very advanced way of
doing this (if you know the search filters) and it's extremely fast.

For my other account which is an IMAP-connection to an Exchange-server I
can only search from within Evolution. Since the search function is
limited,

What do you mean by "limited"?

right now my best way is to 'grep -ri <query>' in
~/.local/share/evolution/mail/imap/xxx'. For example, doing a body
search in Evolution in "Current Account" will show nothing from a search
that gives 100s of matches with grep.

Well, you have the search box above the message summary list. To the
right, there should be a combo box where you can choose to search the
whole current account or all accounts. And you can also set up search
folders.

I tried Google Desktop but it would only index emails from Thunderbird,
not Evolution.

Any suggestions? I want a fully indexed search and would like to be able
to specify all the "common" attributes.

Btw, I'm on Evolution 2.32.2.

Rgds//Thomas

Tracker also scans evolution mails, see