[Evolution] External Expunge Command?

Does anyone know how to make evolution automatically expunge.

Currently to delete my emails from my imap server I have to select the
account, right-click on "Deleted Items" and select "Empty deleted
items". This works a treat but I have a lot of email traffic with
attachments and very little storage at work hence I have to click to
empty every 5 minutes.

I know evolution can do this automatically on evolution shutdown.
However shutting down evolution and reopening it every 5 minutes is not
exactly elegant. Plus when evolution reopens it will pop up in the
current workspace over whatever I am currently doing.

Normally I always have evolution running on one desktop (for filtering).
Hence a potential solution is to either set a cronjob or run a
background script like the following:

while true; do
        [Equivalent command to right-clicking "Empty deleted items"]
        sleep 150;
done

So does anyone have any idea what this equivalent command is. Or
alternatively know another way to make evolution expunge every 2 minutes
or so.

Thanks for any help.

The Institute of Cancer Research: Royal Cancer Hospital, a charitable Company Limited by Guarantee,
Registered in England under Company No. 534147 with its Registered Office at 123 Old Brompton Road, London
SW7 3RP.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone
other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the
message from your computer and network.