Re: [Evolution] Can't Backup Settings

On Mon, 2011-12-19 at 08:50 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Sun, 2011-12-18 at 19:46 -0600, John Graddy wrote:
Evidently this whole problem (titled "Evolution can't save settings" on
the list) was caused by my contact folder somehow getting changed to
reside on "Ubuntu One".  I changed it back to "On this computer" and
everything worked fine.

Puzzling; it just isn't possible to change the type/kind of an address
book.  This must be a completely Ubuntu related issue [they hacked
Evolution].

The OP didn't say he'd changed the type/kind. He said he'd changed the
location, though without explaining exactly how, e.g. perhaps it was
LDAP and is now local, who knows.

poc