Re: [Evolution] Can't Backup Settings

On Sat, 2011-12-17 at 16:37 -0600, John Graddy wrote:
On Sat, 2011-12-17 at 17:35 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sat, 2011-12-17 at 14:29 -0600, John Graddy wrote:
I just attempted to backup my evolution settings.  I get a box that
says:
"The folder contents could not be displayed.
Operation not supported."
I don't know when this started since I don't do an Evolution backup
every day.
I have never seen this before.
At the *absolute minimum* you need to stay what version of Evo you're
using (Help->About). Without that, we're all just flailing around. It
may also be relevant to ask what kind of account this happens on (POP,
IMAP, whatever) and whether you recently updated Evo or your system.
I am running evo 3.2.1 on Ubuntu 11.10.  Receiving mail via POP3.
sending via SMTP.
Sorry, I have been on the Ubuntu list so long, I forget other folks use
other distributions.

Ugh.

Anyway... on openSUSE 12.1 x86_64 Evolution 3.2.1 backup succeeds
without incident for me.  I have local folders, IMAP acocunts, CalDAV
accounts, WebDAV address books, local address books, CalDAV tasks lists,
local task lists, and local and CalDAV memo folders.

If you run evolution from the command line and try the backup does it
spit out any more informative error messages.

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>