Re: [Evolution] New Evolution User Documentation

From: Bakay Árpád <arpad bakay netvisor hu>
To: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>; Akhil Laddha <lakhil novell com>
Cc: evolution-list gnome org
Sent: Wed, 3 August, 2011 14:05:48
Subject: Re: [Evolution] New Evolution User Documentation

Dear all,

While compilation of a software is typically not part of the User guide, I believe it makes sense with an open source project where users should be encouraged to try the bleeding edge.

I am also saying that because I always have issues with compilation of the new versions like new dependencies on exchange mapi, glib, gtk, etc. (As of now I can build evo-mapi for 3.1.4, (which crashes, but it is OK for development software), but still need to dig into svn logs for the compatible libs for 3.0.2 or 3.1.3.)

So do you agree that reasonably detailed "building Evolution" howto-s for some popular distributions would make sense, e.g. as an Appendix?

Arpad