Re: [Evolution] OT: Re: evolution-2.32.1 (FreeBSD HEAD) && calendar not working

On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 22:50 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
That's not what happens for me.  I've obviously got something wrong.
Sorry for wasting your time.

No problem. If you're using a current version of Evolution (which you do
seem to be), and it's not displaying things correctly, then perhaps it's
worth investigating and seeing what happened.

What exactly made you say that the threading was wrong? Did you receive
all the messages that I showed in my screenshot of the thread, or were
some of them missing?

The most plausible cause I can imagine is if you were subscribed to the
FreeBSD GNOME list too, and you are filtering out "duplicates" the naÃve
way by just keeping the first one to arrive and deleting the others.

That could *randomly* be one list copy or the other, so both list
folders would have half the thread (which would always happen with
cross-posted threads in such a setup, regardless of whether people reply
to the lists or also to individuals).

That might break the threading if it relied only on In-Reply-To:
headers, but in fact this thread has intact References: headers going
back for a number of messages, so even a missing message or three
shouldn't actually cause one message to be disassociated from the thread
completely.

--
dwmw2