[Evolution] OT: Re: evolution-2.32.1 (FreeBSD HEAD) && calendar not working

Ew, that's horridly broken. You should get a better ISP :)

Talking of horribly broken - and following on from the previous OT
discussion - this email you sent has broken threading.  Why? I suspect
because you replied to the one you got through the FreeBSD list and
those messages don't match up with any I have from the Evolution list.

Your arguments are largely based around instances when multiple mailing
lists are involved or when people get copies of mail not through the
mailing lists - this will inevitably break threading, and when a CC:
recipient is also on the mailing list, it breaks other things. [1]

I HAVE CC'd you on this (because you are adamant that that is what you
want) - but I do not consider this to be the correct thing to do and I
will not be doing it as my normal behaviour.

And I HAVE removed any irrelevant addresses from the CC list - which I
suspect not many people could be bothered to do: hit reply-all, don't
bother to think about the consequences.

P.

[1] If the CC person is also on the mailing list, the mailing list
software doesn't send a copy to them, hence the only copy the person
gets is a one without any of the mailing list headers, breaking any
filters that use them and FORCING the person to use 'reply-all' and then
editing the To: & CC: in order to get the message only to the mailing
list.  By CC'ing me, you are basically forcing me to use your errant
ways.