[Evolution] Failed import of Outlook CSV calendar, but no error dialogs are given

Hello all,

I just started seriously using Evolution today when I realized that I
would have to use Outlook otherwise.  Today, I have been doing a steep
learning curve for the software.  The calendar import seems to have
failed, but I didn't get any error dialog.  I need your help to understand
what went wrong and just below, I have the exact steps I followed in my
failure.

Using the Evolution 2.30.3, the most modern Ubuntu package with 10.04 LTS.

I was given a CSV file that is intended to be used with Outlook.  I want
to import this to Evolution.

I created a calendar (in addition to 'Personal') that I decided to call
'Work' under the 'On This Computer' tree.  This will be where I try to
import to.

File --> Import...

Import Assistant is launched and I click 'Next' to proceed.  I have two
calendar files to import, but I select "Import a single file"

I select the CSV file and informed that it is "Outlook CSV or Tab (.csv,
.tab)

The Import Location query suggests a location:

On This Computer
--> Personal
CoachDB
--> Ubuntu One

But here, the new calendar ('Work') I created doesn't exist here yet.  I
tried closing Evolution and restarting a repeating these steps and it
still didn't appear.  I assumed that creating a calendar was a feature
that was still in development, so I proceeded to import to 'Personal' and
then 'Apply'.

The Import Data progress bar flashes up and disappears very quickly.  I
figure it is done, but the calendar is still empty.

So why didn't this work?  The file does work with Outlook.

In the meantime, I am still using a BSD style ~/.calendar in a term window
which is a source of great ridicule and dismissiveness from the Windows
people I work with.  So please, help me show them how I can be 'modern'.

Thanks,

Tim Legg