Re: [Evolution] A digression on digests

On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 20:52 +1100, Nick Jenkins wrote:
Currently Evo lets you reply to a message within a digest but quite a
few people don't seem to realize this

It does? I'm using Evolution 2.30.3, and was reading your message in
digest format, but I could not see a way to reply to just your message
in the digest. I looked in two places:
1) I selected some of the body text of your message and right-clicked,
hoping to see a "reply to message within digest" or equivalent in the
pop-up context-menu, but there wasn't one.

I seem to remember it being on the right-click menu, but I don't receive
any digests so it's a bit hard to verify. Try it without selecting any
text and see what happens.

2) I selected some of the body text of your message, and went to the
Message menu, where I could see "reply to sender", "reply to list", and
"reply to all", but no to "reply to message within digest". Using the
"reply to list" item created a reply, but the subject was "Re:
evolution-list Digest, Vol 68, Issue 45" rather than "Re: [Evolution] A
digression on digests" (which is what I was expecting), so that didn't
look right.

Is this a new feature that my older version doesn't have, or is it a
plug-in, or am I just looking in the wrong places, or have I just
misunderstood what should happen?

I'm using 2.32 at the moment. I don't know if it works on 2.30. Perhaps
someone else can give more useful feedback.

IIRC the digest must be MIME-formatted, but I think most of them are
nowadays.

Sorry this is so vague.

poc