Re: [Evolution] evolution error while fetching mail (was evolution-list Digest, Vol 62, Issue 30)

 On 9/21/10 7:44 AM, Irina Pulyakhina wrote:
Oh yes, I followed the Gmail help page and I've specified the port and
I've also tried both SSL and TSL for both receiving and sending (all
combinations I mean - SSL+TSL, SSL+SSL, etc), but nothing helped and I
still receive the same error: "error while fetching mail".
Do you have a local or corporate firewall that blocks access to any of
the relevant ports (110 for POP, 143 for IMAP etc.)?

Can you telnet to these ports from the command line?

poc

PS Please don't top-post on this list.
PPS Please don't reply to digests, it messes with the list threading,
not even if you change the Subject line as I did for this reply.