Re: [Evolution] Newby question: How to attach my vCard to messages?

Hi Thomas, thanks for your quick reply!

On 2010-09-09 21:02, Thomas Mittelstaedt wrote:
With 2.28.4, I found two ways.

OK, I have 2.30.2 here.

a) Go to preferences->editor preferences->signatures and define
   a new signature, containing the vcard. The vcard is then inserted
   into the new message as text, when you choose this signature as
   the default one.

Inserted as text means: The ugly syntax of a vCard appears in my
message. This is not an option, because most people will believe
my machine has been attacked by a virus or something. :~)

(Furthermore, I don't believe that recipients MUAs would be able
to parse the information from the message into their address
book.)

b) Go to your addressbook, save your contact information as vcard to
   a file location. Then when creating a new message drag the vcard
   into the new message, which is not as convenient as just clicking
   a check box.

Does this involve a manual step for every e-mail? Not only once?
If so, again this is not an option. Also, I want my vCard
attached to all messages, including replies to other messages.

Is there really no way to do this? It's so easy with
Thunderbird, but the latter does not support the MS Exchange
server, AFAIK... so I have to solve this with Evolution :~)

In the source directory of Evolution I see a lot of plugins.
Maybe there is a plugin to do this? If not: Is it hard to write
it, if one already knows C?

Thanks in advance!