Re: [Evolution] CalDAV problem

On Wed, 2010-10-27 at 11:28 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2010-10-27 at 11:37 -0300, Dennis Drapeau wrote:
On Wed, 2010-10-27 at 08:06 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
there is a known issue about importing meetings with other organizer
than you to Google CalDAV calendar, but if you see the same on DAViCal,
then it's other issue.
I would try to import only small subset of that .ics file and watch
whether the calendar factory will claim anything useful. You can try
with:
a) on one console:
   $ CALDAV_DEBUG=all /usr/libexec/e-calendar-factory
b) on another console, when the above says "Server is up and running..."
   $ evolution
c) try to import smaller .ics file in evolution and watch what is new
   on factory console.
Sorry, but I can't seem to find the e-calendar-factory executable.  I am
using Ubuntu 10.04 and doing a packages search does not reveal
e-calendar-factory belonging to any package.  Will I have to compile
from sources?

<sarcasm>
Doesn't Ubuntu's totally-awesomest package manager make it trivial to
find such things?
</sarcasm>

On a real LINUX distribution this is provided by a package with a name
like "evolution-data-server" and is usually found somewhere like
"/usr/lib/evolution-data-server/"

I do have e-d-s (v 2.28.3) installed, but it doesn't have
e-calendar-factory. After further checking, it appears it is present in
ubuntu 10.10 (e-d-s 2.30.3) but I am not running 10.10 'maverick'.
Sorry I forgot to include which version of evolution I was running. So,
is e-calendar-factory new to 2.30 ?  Is there a comparable method on
2.28 to get calendar debug info?

I have done the following:

using a shorter .ics file (only 5 entries) ==> same result

evolution --force-shutdown
export CALDAV_DEBUG=all
/usr/lib/evolution/evolution-data-server-2.28

[separate console] evolution
-- importing the same file gives same result
-- no information at all logged to either console

thanks for all of your help...

Dennis
--
Dennis Drapeau <doubled_ca hotmail com>