Re: [Evolution] Deadly Upgrade

On Sun, 2010-11-28 at 18:11 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
It's very surprising that data was removed; the migration consists
basically of directory renames; nothing is removed during the
migration
as I understand it.  I wonder if Matt has any thoughts about this.

I do think it would be good for Evo to make a backup of the data
before
migrating it; even just a tarball left somewhere would be useful in
extremis.

I managed to recover everything. I had to go around to various places to
piece together the Frankensteinian mess, make sure the various daemons
were shutdown, put it back together, and so on and it finally works. I
will be sure to perform a full backup next time.

For the record, what are all of the directory locations and what is each
used for (as configured for Ubuntu Maverick) with respect to latest
Evolution?

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred