Re: [Evolution] Can't save pictures; Can't forward pictures

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 18:05 +1100, Nick Jenkins wrote:
1. When I get an email with pictures, I can see them, but
I can't right-click and save them.  Why not?

Depends on how the pictures are included with the email.  If they are
attachments, then you can save them (by clicking on the arrow to the
right of the attachment); if they are embedded in the HTML, then you
can't.

OK.  So, in HTML mail in Evolution, pictures *can not* be saved, right?

Consider logging a bug for this, with an example email if possible, at
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/ . Attachments and HTML with image tags that
refer to attachments seem to allow saving the file, so I'm assuming it's
a remote image. Right-click-to-save sounds like a logical inclusion in
this case.

OK.

Can't save pictures; Can't forward pictures

Probably a long-shot, but after you click Forward, on an email with
pictures, have you tried going Format -> HTML, just in case it's
reverting to plain text mode?

This worked.  So, Evolution doesn't recognize my "forward as new"
e-mail as being HTML and defaults to TXT which clobbers the
pictures....Hmm.  Perhaps it would be nice to prompt the user
"This message contains HTML. Would you like to send as HTML or
plain text (Sending as plain text will result in loss of images
and formatting).  Yes/No"

FYI: I did a <CTRL>-U and found that the images were indeed
local to the HTML file (which the up/down-load times had told
me already.

I'll submit this as a bug.