Re: [Evolution] Can't save pictures; Can't forward pictures
- From: Thomas Mittelstaedt <tmstaedt t-mittelstaedt de>
- To: tczhishen gmail com
- Cc: "evolution-list gnome org" <evolution-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Can't save pictures; Can't forward pictures
- Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 03:54:27 +0100
Am Dienstag, den 23.11.2010, 18:39 -0500 schrieb timothy covell:
On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 23:18 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
1. When I get an email with pictures, I can see them, but
I can't right-click and save them. Why not?
Depends on how the pictures are included with the email. If they are
attachments, then you can save them (by clicking on the arrow to the
right of the attachment); if they are embedded in the HTML, then you
As to why not - well it's probably just a difference between KDE and
Gnome as to what right clicking on something does.
OK. So, in HTML mail in Evolution, pictures *can not* be saved, right?
2. When I get an email with pictures, and I forward that
e-mail, none of the pictures get forwarded. (It's rather
embarrassing when you say, "Hey look at this cool picture"
and there's nothing there!)
Depends how you forward the mail - forward it as an attachment and all
the attachments get added as well - this way embarrassment will be
They are HTML emails, evidently. So, the pictures are not attachments.
I just want to "Edit as New Message", and give it new recipients.
Also, is there a "reveal HTML"/raw editor mode available for Evolution.
Select the mail in the summary pane and hit Ctrl-U to see the source of
the mail. There you should see where that picture is. Is it an external
link? Then you may first save a local copy of the html with all pictures
included and then send that off.
While we're here:
1. Is there a VI editor mode?
2. Because I'm accustomed to using VI, I hit <ESC> often, which is
dangerous in Evolution because it wants to cause me to void out my
I still use version 2.28 of evolution and there exists a plugin called
"External Editor". Check under menu Edit->Plugins if it is there in your
version. If not, see, for instance,
] [Thread Prev