Re: [Evolution] Newbie : many questions...

On 5 November 2010 06:11, Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk> wrote:
On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 09:38 +0100, David BERCOT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Le Thu, 04 Nov 2010 15:16:17 -0430,
> Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> a écrit :
> > On 11/4/10 2:28 PM, David BERCOT wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm a new user of Evolution. Before, I used Claws-mail. So, I have
> > > many questions in order to have Evolution more... usable ;-)
> > > - is it possible to have, in the folder list, the number of mails
> > >    (total and not read) ?
> > > - is it possible to reduce Evolution in the systray (notification
> > >    zone) ?
> > > - is it possible to change the font size in the folder list ?
> > >
> > > I'm sure I will have other questions soon ;-)
> >
> > Have you checked out the FAQ? See http://live.gnome.org/Evolution/FAQ
> > It doesn't answer all your wuestions but it's a start. Best of all,
> > you can edit it yourself and add new answers when you become more
> > expert.
>
> Yes, I've read the FAQ but the only thing I've found is 'alltray' which
> not seems to be a great solution (in my opinion).
>
> But you're right : if I have answers, I will add them in the FAQ ;-)
>
> Does anyone has a clue for my questions ???

1: The number of mails in the selected folder is displayed in the title
box of the folder lists.  The individual folder shows the number of
unread messages. AFAIK there's no way of changing that.

2: Systray is for notifications, it's not there to minimise applications
to.  There is a Mail Notification plugin for Evo that (correctly) uses
the systray (and makes a noise, and does a popup).  Why would you want
to put a minimised an application into a notification area?  (And for a
much more lengthy discussion of this, see a recent thread in the list
archives.)

3: Evo is a good Gnome application and follows the system font sizes as
set by Gnome.

P.