[Evolution] Why I switched from TBird to Evo

As some of have noticed, and I stated so in my messages asking for help,
I am new to Evo.
I had had it with TBird after so many years of putting up with a problem
that still plagues TBird: Single file folder, which in my case can grow
to excess of 4 gigabytes. I like to keep all my important email for
record keeping.
Problem with using a single file for a folder is that
1. it takes forever to purge deleted messages from it, and
   it sucks as much as 90% of my cpu, gobbles large amount
   of ram while it is purging (compacting) a 3.2 GB folder.
2. Searching for messages that contain a certain pattern in the
   message body also takes forever.
4. A folder size is still limited to 4GB, which is a dumb limitation,
given that EXT2FS, NTFS, UFS (BSD) and HFS+ (OS X) all support
huge files - EXT2 FS supports (2^33)*512 - slightly more than 4TB).
God forbid If I have to purge an Inbox file of 8GB, let alone 4TB,
let alone search it.

Now I understand I could save my Inboxes and start naming them
Inbox-ending-date and start a new empty Inbox as soon as the
Inbox reaches some reasonable size.
THAT would give me yet another nightmare of having to search numerous
Inboxes every time I want to find that specific email message with
the specific pattern in the message body.

In Evo, searching numerous small files is more efficient and has a
much lower impact on memory consumption because each file is opened
separately for searching - and I will never have to worry about how
large Inbox directory will get - at least not within the foreseeable
future :)

Cheers,

JD