Re: [Evolution] Problem with one of my CalDav calendars

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 17:45 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 16:07 +0200, Thomas Novin wrote:
I removed all password containing gmail but that didn't help.

I also tried removing the calendar in offline mode but that didn't help
either, it hung.

I can see that there is lots of traffic (as seen in the log) even when I
have the calendar disabled.

Can I manually remove it by hacking some files?

      Hi,
yes, you can. Your calendar accounts are stored in GConf,
in /apps/evolution/calendar/sources
Each values in this list is a group, where one is for CalDAV. It is an
XML blob containing description of the CalDAV group, and all the
"source"s there. Edit the blob and remove source which is not working
for you. If you've there only these two CalDAV calendars, then maybe
remove whole CalDAV group from there, and enter both calendars on the
next start of evolution. Be sure you've all Evolution processes closed
when playing with GConf.

You can also delete ~/.evolution/cache/calendar files, especially those
for the CalDAV calendar(s).

Didn't have to hack in gconf.

I did this to got it working again:

Put evolution in offline-mode
Added a / to the end of both caldav urls
(caldav://www.google.com/calendar/dav/MY USERNAME gmail com/events/)
evolution --force-shutdown
Removed all entries for caldav/gmail from Password & Encryption Keys
Went to ~/.evolution/cache/calendar/ and removed all directories that
were involved
Now it actually worked after I restarted evolution after going online +
writing in my password for both calendars

Was probably a bug in some way (since it worked at first but then
stopped working) but this workaround worked for me.

Thanks

Rgds