Re: [Evolution] Problem with one of my CalDav calendars

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 13:48 +0200, Thomas ML Novin wrote:
I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 + evolution 2.28.3
I have two caldav calendars, one works and the other one doesn't work.

When I open up Evolution it can take minutes before the one that doesn't
work show any entries.

When I try to add a entry to the one that doesn't work Evolution hangs
for a long time (5 minutes?) and then I get 'Unknown error'.

Adding to the other calendar works fine.

Both of them are google and I have the same settings:

caldav://www.google.com/calendar/dav/MY USERNAME gmail com/events

[x] ssl
[x] offline

The one that doesn't work is also my default.

        Hi,
is it really exactly the same URL in the both calendars? I see in the
evolution-data-server log that the server is constantly returning
"Unauthorized". I thought it's fixed in 2.28.3, but maybe it isn't. It
should ask you for the password again, when receives this server
response.

Other thing, what is the reason to have configured two calendars with
the same URL? It doesn't make much sense to me, as a) you have doubled
events in your calendar and b) the internal cache is used the same for
both, thus some concurrent access to internal files may destroy them
(files).

Try to remove your password from the password list (gnome keyring, I
guess) for the broken calendar, remove one of them if they have the same
URL (if you cannot from UI, then start in offline), and then run
evolution in online.
        Hope that helps,
        Milan