[Evolution] Remove attachements feature in Vanilla Evo

        hi,
There is a function I would like to be ported on the vanilla Ubuntu
Evolution:

*remove attachements*

See thread: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=498483

It was a plug-in from the author in the debian repository which is now
empty

See link:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/e/evolution-remove-attachments/

---

FYI: Personal page of the plug-in author

See link:
http://people.debian.org.tw/~chihchun/2006/10/23/remove-attachments-plugin-for-evolution-001/

---

The plug-in as is has been declined and the author of the plug-in is too
busy to comply to the Evo requirements. I am on Ubuntu Linux 9.10. To
install the plug-in as is (still working on evo 2.28) It needs about
~100 MB of .dev package and dependency and it need to be compiled.

More than once I have to send 2 messages separately on a default Evo
(text msg. + attachments msg.) when I need to keep some msg. for
archival purpose.

a *remove attachement* feature in the vanilla Evo would make things
easy. What do you think? Is there a chance?
        nomnex