Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.28.0 namespace

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 16:51 +0100, Martin Jungowski wrote:
Am Samstag, den 06.03.2010, 21:28 -0430 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
This is not a problem with Evo but with the way Cyrus works by default.
You need to configure it to use the "anonymous root" folder layout
instead of the default "INBOX root" which is uses out of the box. I
forget the name of the config variable but it's a simple change. Note
that it's system-wide, not per-user.

In that case I'd like to rephrase my question: why are other mail
clients, such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Microsoft Outlook and Outlook
Express, or Apple Mail capable of overriding this Cyrus folder layout
and Evolution is not?

I've been using this mailserver for almost a decade now, mostly
unchanged. With several email clients, Evolution being the latest
experiment and the only one that fails to display folders correctly (or,
to be more precise, to override the Cyrus setting).

You'd have to ask the developers. I can't speak for them, but don't be
surprised it they tell you that Evo does it correctly and the others are
a kludge.

poc