Re: [Evolution] evolution-list Digest/POC

On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 10:05 +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
<snip>
I suggest we ask the gnome mailing list admins to convert all digest
subscribers into normal subscribers, and remove the digest
possibility. At least for the Evolution lists.

The mailing list digest concept is a historical artefact from ARPANET
days that deserves to die.

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

Fine by me. Everything to do with digests causes all sorts of problems.
I guess they may have had some justification in the days when most
people were on dial-up, but those days are long gone and even those who
still have to use dial-up have better options than digests.

Brewster responds:

Okay, so how do we start the process? Maybe we can launch a trend, of
listservs permanently turning off the damned Digest option. Whom do
we email to get going on this? Maybe we can make it happen Gnome-wide!

Brewster

Embrace a sharing community of sustainable justice low-carbon diversity
W. Brewster Gillett             bg fdi us            Portland, OR  USA
Simply because you don't like to hear it, that doesn't make it untrue.