Re: [Evolution] (no subject)

On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 12:07 +0200, Miles wrote:
Greetings. I am a new ubuntu user and mainly use gmail. I have now a
need to use yahoo on evolution as well but there is a problem about not
being able to use pop unless you use the premium account.

That is a limitation of Yahoo, not of Evolution.  So there is probably
no work around [if you use POP then you don't use their site and thus
don't see their adds; hence they want you to pay for the account].

 Is there a
workaround to this please as pop works for me on gmail, hotmail and live
mail.  I have got all the settings that I could find and it just seems
to be the pop bit. I use a cellphone as a modem so dont know if there is
another way to get yahoo mail working.
Thanks for evolution. It works great on all other mails. Just the yahoo

Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA