Re: [Evolution] Getting to the "next" message

On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 13:23 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
 But if the message is displayed (by double-clicking) in its own
window, pressing "Display the next message" in the message window
displays the next message in the folder.  This behavior is new, at
least since evolution-2.26, and (I believe) undesirable.

I don't use separate message windows a lot, but one possible reason for
this difference is that the message window stays up till you close it,
whereas the underlying folder display may change. It would be
counter-intuitive to have the effect of pressing Next Message in the
message window depend on what specific view of the folder is being shown
in a separate window. In fact the folder window might even be displaying
a completely different folder, and I don't think you would expect the
message window to track this.

Moreover, pressing "Display the next message" in the main window
advances the selected message (as indicated by its blue color), while
pressing "Display the next message" in the message window does not
advance it.  This is how it has always been, but (I think) it also
undesirable.

Again, the folder window isn't necessarily showing the same folder, and
if it is it could be a different part of the same folder, using preview
mode, at the same time as you have a given message in the message
window. I sometimes do this. I wouldn't want the folder display to
change just because I hit Next Message in the message window.

poc