Re: [Evolution] WICD & NM

On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 10:13 -0400, Philippe LeCavalier wrote:

On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 08:32 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

Up to a point. Two issues with NM are 1) for a long time it had almost
no user-oriented documentation (a man page that boils down to "it just
works" doesn't count), and 2) the point about easily determining
connectivity is only true if NM is the only network config tool. In many
distros that's still not the case, leading to much confusion.

That said, I'm a happy camper and agree that NM is the way forward.

poc
I've already added my 2 cents but for anybody trying to limit libs in
the hopes of running a "clean" system. NM adds lost of unwanted
packages. On the other hand, if you're already running Gnome then you
really should use that and no other. I'm a big believer that one
should not buck mainstream with the more mainstream oriented distros.
I use XFCE4 so I'm already somewhat off the beaten path.

I run KDE in fact, but of course as an Evo user I already have some
Gnome libraries installed, as do you. Which of these are also used by NM
is something I'd need to look at.

poc