Re: [Evolution] Evolution stopped connecting

On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 14:41 -0400, Job Mbongo wrote:
Hello,
I have Evolution 2.30.2 installed on Debian Squeeze.  Evolution used to
work until after some updates about a month ago.  As you can see in the
attachment, the Send/Receive feature as well as the connection status
icon on the status bar are grayed out.  Evolution does not go online
anymore to fetch mail.  I have tried removing it and re-installing but
that did not help.  My RSS don't connect either.
I will really appreciate your help.

Do you have NetworkManager? If so, but the network interface is not
being managed by NM (and even so your net connection works) then that's
the problem. Evo asks NM is the net is up and believes the answer. If
you haven't configured your system to let NM manage the interface, it
will give the wrong answer. Your options are 1) fix the config so NM is
managing the interface, or 2) remove or disable NM completely. Option 1
is preferable but if you don't know how to do it, ask on a Debian list.

poc