[Evolution] newbie question about filters

I'm on some mailing lists that generate a LOT of content. I want to route these messages into a folder. I've set up a filter rule for this, and it seems to be working, but I have to select a group of messages, then do control-Y, and then the filter gets applied. Isn't there some way for the filters I've set up to be applied to incoming messages without any intervention on my part? That is, once a message comes in that fits that filter rule, it gets moved, no "select messages, control-Y" required. Can I make the filter run at some set period, like every 15 minutes?
--

Benjamin May
Sr. Research Analyst

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the
named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us
immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address
noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank
you.