[Evolution] change default mail folder

I'd like to store my evolution data on a separate partition from the default HOME/.evolution.  I've seen some posts online about moving the data and creating a symlink, but I've failed to make that work.

The folder that I would like to keep all of the data that normally resides in HOME/.evolution is home/media/Storage/evolution
I'm running evolution 2.28.3 on a 64 bit Lucid machine.
Any advice on moving the default folder location?
Thanks
--
Andre Delattre
1848 N. Whipple #2