Re: [Evolution] Evolution Plugins

On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 16:04 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 15:22 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> Heh, I've been waiting for more news on developing Evo plugins using
> Mono.
> <http://psankar.blogspot.com/2007/10/write-evolution-plugins-using-mono-c.html>
>
> Sadly, it has been very quiet.

The language bindings are horribly out of date and unmaintained and will
probably remain so until we add introspection support to our libraries.

Unfortunately that's not really on any of our radars (speaking for the
sorely understaffed development team) but it would be a great place to
contribute to Evolution-Data-Server without having to acquire a deep
technical understanding of the code.

Hello,

So am I to understand, that evolution plugins integrate into the back end server process rather than the front end UI?

If this is the case, I would seriously vote for adding a facility to create front end evolution plug ins. If evolution did this, we could make evolution as idiosyncratic as we pleased thru plug-ins.

Thank you,
Rob

--
Rob Seward
Bluestone Consulting Group, LLC

web:     http://www.bluestone-consulting.com/
e-mail:  rseward bluestone-consulting com
office:    734.726.0313
mobile:  734.604.3780